March has come and gone, and we’re left with a pile of news from all over in the fandom. There’s been a lot of excitement, a lot of squealing and fangirling… a lot of pain and suffering. Below are some of our favorite highlights of the month – the Loki way.
- Daniel Radcliffe of Harry Potter fame in final talks to play Igor in the Frankenstein remake.
- The Hobbit: There and Back Again release rescheduled for Dec 17
- Carrie Fisher returns to Star Wars, joyful weeping commences.
- Knights of Badassdom is totally butchered, Critique Geek mourns in a corner after having waited forever for it to get a release date.
- Pepper Potts to be even more of a BAMF in Iron Man 3.
- Hugh Jackman looking like Hugh Jackman in new Wolverine promo posters.
- Veronica Mars: The Movie is going to be a thing.
- Doctor Who Bells of Saint John. Need we say any more??
- GoT returned to us. Finally.
- Matt Smith announced to be leaving Doctor Who later this year only to say just kidding later.
- Peter Jackson says he would direct an episode of Doctor Who for a gold dalek, fans everywhere flail.
- David Tennant and Billie Piper join the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special.
- Amanda Abbington joins the cast of Sherlock for Season 3, Mary Morstan rumors abound.
- Season 3 filming for Sherlock starts. Setlock happens. Fandom controversy ensues.
Fandom & More
- Homestuck Hunters rise up to fight against the popularity of Homestuck cosplays… literally. Guys, this is not how we hunt. We get our rock salt, we get our lighters and we get in the damn Impala… and then we go find a haunting. THIS is not okay. Even if you hate Homestruck.
- Sherlock fandom makes the New York Times
- Martin Freeman both frightened of and feeling embraced by fandoms.
- A new pope was chosen, and all the memes happened.
- Brony Con seriously fails.
- EA release much awaited follow-up to 2003’s SimCity 4. Possibly one of worst game launches of all time
- This awesome video happened examining the Damsel in Distress in video games.
- Richard Griffiths passes away at age 65. Fans everywhere raise their wands for Uncle Vernon even though he would’ve hated that.