The days are getting warmer and April has gone by in a whirlwind of… not actually getting a lot done. But May is here, and May is for being productive, right? Right. Nevertheless, let us take a look back at some of the nerdy news highlights from April 2013.
- WB potentially considers Charlie Hunnam for Justice League movie, uncertain which character.
- Evil Dead was disgusting and not all that great, apparently.
- China gets its own special version of Iron Man 3.
- Loki has hair. It’s a big deal, okay? Just ask Tumblr.
- Johnny Depp in talks to join the cast of Into the Woods alongside Meryl Streep. Critique Geek may or may not have burst into tears from sheer joy.
- Thor: The Dark World is going to have a love triangle, shocker.
- Oblivion was the best Tom Cruise movie in forever says everyone*
- There’s going to be a new Guys and Dolls film adaptation; the ab-licious Channing Tatum and hipster nerd favorite Joseph Gordon-Levitt are probably going to be the male leads. Ovaries everywhere are exploding.
- io9.com made a helpful guide on all the movies you should see this summer.
*By everyone, we mean Critique Geek.
- Merlin fans suffering from the series finale; try to start group to request Merlin be back on air.
- This one time, Castiel did the tango with Captain Jack Harkness. It was awesome.
- While on the topic of Castiel: Supernatural reveals that Castiel is basically the angelic version of freakin’ Moon Moon. Dammit, who sent Moon Moon to fetch the righteous man?
- Doctor Who fans are in a tizzy. It’s understandable.
- Neil Gaiman’s episode of Doctor Who has a poster. Shiny.
- Game of Thrones continues to be totally badass and feels and ugh. THIS.
- Also apparently not even the GoT actors have Dothraki down pat.
- Always-on DRM on the new XBOX a bad idea, say UK retailers. We agree, it’s a shitty idea.
- EA gets dubbed “worst company in America” for the second year in a row. Again, we agree.
- EA begins round of layoffs following resignation of CEO Riccitello. More to follow. See above bullet point.
- British people being more sensible than Americans, looking into unfair microtransactions in games. EA dumps tea into harbor in protest.
- There’s a video games as art exhibit at MoMA. It sucks.
- Xbox live dies out. Despair takes hold.
- Elder Scrolls Online gameplay is leaked: looks a lot like the first Guild Wars
- Indie game developer releases cracked version of game that punishes pirates; gets mega awesome points:
- This. *flails*
- Setlock madness continues.
- Endless hooplah over the casting of Amanda Abbington as a pivotal female character (cough Mary Morstan cough). Many fans displeased, majority rejoicing.
- Hooplah increases tenfold after this tweet.
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s mum still yells at him (also he’d like to do Sherlock Holmes forever).
- Spoiler: Amanda Abbington seen filming the Mary/John wedding scene with Martin Freeman, hooplah reaching entropic levels of destruction. At least Benedict looks amazing in a suit.
- Natalie Dormer has been cast as Irene Adler, CG is skeptical of how Elementary will portray the iconic character.