Did you spend the past June hibernating in front of an AC? Missed out on all the excitement and sparkles? Wanna catch up with the hottest news of the month? Well, we got you the news. Good enough, right? From a plethora of Superwholock feels to sentient bots, check out the things that made our brains get geekgasms in the past thirty days below the cut.
- Karen Gillain cast as a sexy, belt-wearing bounty hunter, Angela in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Also in the movie are Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace and Michael Rooker.
- Watch Winter Soldier go all roid rage and rip a car door off in the new Captain America movie.
- For reasons unknown to mankind, we are getting a World of Warcraft movie whether we like it or not. (We’re not sure how we feel, actually.)
- Actually, while we’re getting things we’re not sure if we want, can we get something we know we want – female villains that kick ass?
- Star Wars Episode VII spoilers already being leaked. Our prediction is, Snape kills Dumbledore.
- Please join us in having an art!boner at this absolutely gorgeous Man of Steel movie poster.
- Despite the fact that Man of Steel just came out, we have heard news of a planned MoS sequel and a future Justice League movie. Let’s hope they don’t mess up Wonder Woman’s costume this time.
- New Riddick movie can haz trailer? Wait… we can haz new Riddick movie?
- Things I didn’t know I wanted until I had them: a Knight Rider movie. Actually, I really want this now. Can you imagine what would happen if KITT met the Impala, the TARDIS and the Delorean? I like it. Someone on Tumblr, please make it so.
- This Thor: The Dark World poster also gives us art!boners the size of Texas.
- Speaking of posters: A number of IMAX theatres across the country will be giving away limited edition posters to those attending opening night showings of Pacific Rim. I’ll be in my bunk.
- Hannibal gets renewed for season 2; still in bitter war with Superwholockians. One’s a serial killer, the other’s a pack of demon hunters, a legendary detective and his doctor, and a mad man in a blue box. Not sure whom we’re voting for but we definitely want front row tickets to the battle.
- Spoilerific: Matt Smith leaving Doctor Who at the end of the year. No news on who will be the new Doctor. Jenna Louise Coleman to stay on for a while. But, if you really want to know who we think the best candidates are, here’s our 12 for 12 guide.
- Freak Geek is such a big fan of SPN, that the DVD release of the 8th season is news.
- Someone made a countdown to the regeneration of the you know who. (Not Voldemort.)
- Supernatural to return on the 15th of October and BBC Sherlock on the 31st. Welp, there go our feels.
- “Khaleesi” new hot baby name. We’re gonna be hipsters about this and name our theoretical children Daenerys.
- The season 9 SPN welcome back postcard campaign kicks off. FG is searching through her piles of vintage postcards for an appropriately spooky one.
- BBC Sherlock team continue trolling mercilessly. Feels ensue.
- Good reasons to not be excited about E3, all in a tidy list.
- There was going to be a Firefly MMO but it never happened. Critique Geek probably weeping in a corner.
- The war of the next gen console heats up and quite frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.
- EA restyling Origin as a “service for gamers, not a means to drive transactions.” jenniferlawrenceyeahokay.gif
- Quake 3 bots learn the only way to win a war is by not playing at all, achieve semi-sentience. If anyone needs me I’ll be
in my bunkon /r/cyberpunk.
- FG’s favorite fandom actually has things like these and they are wonderful. You probably won’t get it because you didn’t read Snow Crash.
- So, apparently, Spiderman has a sister no one’s ever heard of. Here’s hoping she’s no Mary Sue (or Mary Jane, that would just be awkward).
- John Barrowman got married.
- STUFF HAPPENED.