Guest Post Criteria
We are currently open to guest post submissions. Please read the guidelines below carefully before submitting a pitch or post idea. These criteria apply only to guest posts submitted by guest bloggers.
– The guest post must provide an informational value to the readers of 3ChicGeeks.com.
– The guest post may not be used for the purpose of selling your own products.
– The guest post may not contain affiliate links or other content that you are receiving payment for, especially if none of that payment reaches us. This blog is currently hosted on WordPress.com’s free hosting service. As such, the TOS forbid us from including most affiliate links, with a few exceptions.
– The guest post must be in line with our blog’s values, style, subject and target audience. We are a geek culture blog. If your proposed guest post is, for example, on the topic of guerrilla warfare in South America, this may not be the blog for it.
– We reserve the right to edit a post for clarity, grammar or spelling. We will never edit the post to alter the opinions or information expressed within. We will give the author opportunity to look over our edits before the post is published. If you decline to do so, or do not read our edits carefully, you may not complain about the changes we may have made once the post has been published.
– We reserve the right to decline publishing a post if the submitted draft is not up to our standards or related to our blog’s values, style, subject or target audience.
– Please, no plagiarism. If you will use quotations or excerpts in your guest post, please link back to the original page or provide citations. We will do our best to screen all submissions for plagiarism, but we are not perfect. If you come across guest post content that is your intellectual property and was not submitted to us with the writer’s consent, please contact us and we will acknowledge the real author or delete the post entirely, depending on the wishes of the writer. Please endeavor to be polite in your request.
– We do not currently pay for guest posts. 3 Chic Geeks is an independent blog, which barely manages to cover its operating costs. (Between the three of us, we have about five bucks and a granola bar to share.) As such, you will retain all rights to the post once it has been published on the blog. You are free to submit it elsewhere. In terms of submitting the same content to several different blogs, we would prefer if you waited a minimum of six months to resubmit a blog post that we have featured on 3ChicGeeks.com to other blogs or websites.
– We are open to posting an article that expresses an unpopular opinion, provided the opinion expressed is not malicious, slanderous, libelous, harmful, hurtful or intended to market a product. All posts written by outside bloggers shall bear a disclaimer that the views expressed therein are the opinion of the writer of the post and therefore may not reflect the opinions of the 3 Chic Geeks team.
– Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, it may not be possible to reply to every submission individually. If we do not reply to you, it is safe to say that we are not interested; however, if you don’t hear from us after a month, you may submit an idea again.
– When submitting a pitch, please aim to be as concise and clear as possible. You may submit up to five post ideas at once, provided they are outlined clearly and are easily distinguishable from one another. We love bullet points.
– Please note that guest post space is very limited. We strive to produce as much of the content as possible by ourselves. Therefore, we will only accept the best post ideas.